Monday, November 1, 2010

Banana Oat Muffins

I am a huge fan of banana cakes, muffins. I usually make this delicious banana cake in which 
I am pretty famous for in my circle of friends and family :) But I found this variation on it to 
be a perfect breakfast muffin. The texture is amazing, and it is filling in a not so guilty manner.
 
 
Banana oat muffins
 
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 cup quaker oats
1/3 sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup mashed banana
 
Topping
Cinnamon and powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
Combine flour, quaker, sugar , baking soda/powder, salt.
Beat eggs lightly. Stir in milk, oil, vanilla. 
Add mashed banana. Stir flour mix into banana mixture.
Line 12 muffin pans.
 
Bake 18-20 min
 
Allow to cool, and sprinkle with the powdered sugar 
and cinnamon.
 
Serve and Enjoy :) 
 
 
PS I got this recipe from allrecipes, but made some variations to it. 

1 comment:

  1. ohh looks YUMM...wish I could make some...maybe I can for the kids :) Did you ever add chocolate chips to these? My Mom always made banana/oatmeal/chocolate chip ones Mmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete